Monday, January 23, 2012

Naturalist, Kind of, Sort of... ~R. Brabham~


Acupressure, hot Showers, tent steam breathing, hot compresses, Ginger Root, Valerian Root, Sarsaparilla, Slippery Elm, Garlic, Pineapple, Echinacea, Ayurvedics, Homemade Chicken Soup, wine, chocolate, 3 boxes of Kleenex.

Dog can't stand to be in room with me. I can't stand to be in room with me. Do they make nose catheters? Broke down and pulled out the OTC's. Theraflu, Benadryl, Aleve. No avail, checking cabinet for my Labrador's antibiotics.

Contagion, probably not the best movie to watch after you have been sick for 5 days. It's 3 a.m. and I am up Googling the Centers For Disease Control, checking US maps for outbreaks of bird, swine or bat viruses. Coughing fit with thermometer stuck in mouth. Is it possible to swallow a thermometer? Can't breathe, pull the wadded Kleenex out of both nostrils. I wonder if they will go back down to normal size.

4 a.m calling my doctor's aftercare line to see when they will open. That small act seemed to make me feel a wee bit better. I will need to re-introduce myself, he won't remember me. I told him when I became his patient that I would be the least seen patient on his roster. That was the last time I saw him. From self-diagnosis, I have determined that I have at least three ~itis's~ Any of which would require a bottle that will send me to bed with a full nights sleep in the future. I am looking forward to Pharmaceutical anything. Warnings and disclaimers welcome.

I console my Naturalist subconscious chastising with assurances that I have rode the train to the end and I must at some point concede to my greater well-being. 2 more hours before the doctor's office opens.

Well..there is one thing I haven't tried.

No comments:

Post a Comment