Wednesday, April 3, 2024

Out of the Mystic, Suicide Memoir Grief Book Release


I fought writing this book for 3 years. I caved when I happened upon the small space devoted to grief in one of the big box book stores. You would think grief would be more than a niche market.

Of the books here, none were on suicide grief. I get it, I doubt many people amble up to the help kiosk at Barnes and Noble asking for directions to the suicide section. But — considering there were nearly 800,000 suicide deaths last year, affecting at least 5 times that in family members. I'd say it's time to get the megaphones out on this silent epidemic.
I couldn't see myself in the submission process with this one, something inherently wrong with someone editing my grief. I self-published. I wanted it to be little more than journaling it out in book form. I don't want personal monetary return from it, I'm setting it up so that all royalties will be donated to various charitable organizations that may assist in coping and rebuilding broken hearts and minds at the end of each anniversary of publication.

If you know of anyone that may benefit from my reflections in the rear view mirror of grief, please tell them about the book. I hope that it lets someone know that they are not alone.
I believe it is scheduled for shipping in about a week to 10 days.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0CX17G8S3

No comments:

Post a Comment